Devon County Council (DCC) has reopened it's DCC Covid-19 fund for the third time. Providing small amounts of grant funding to community-led schemes, which identify and/or achieve the small but important things that can safely address some of the issues that are arising because of this coronavirus outbreak. These can include;
- safe deliveries of essential goods and services to those who are vulnerable
- practical support for accessing online information and services
- measures to help people to stay connected and informed and to maintain and support mental health and wellbeing (though due to the short turnaround time of these grants DCC will not be able to consider applications for the advice service itself, only the practical means to support delivery)
- transport-related initiatives that support safe community responses to the outbreak
DCC are unable to fund projects:
- that support animals
- that are in support of a single faith
- that are delegating any acquired funds to third parties
- that provide support to more than 25% of beneficiaries living outside of the Devon County Council administrative area
Tell me more
The fund opens today, 11th Jan, until 5th March 2021 (please note that the end date could be amended due to the available funding being used up or lockdown restrictions being further extended).
Grants will typically be between £300 and £700, although where there is evidence that a project is exceptional, DCC may enter into discussions with applicants and offer higher awards.
How do I apply and what do I need?
Applications are accepted from;
- constituted and not-for-private-profit voluntary community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations,
- town and parish councils,
- charities or businesses (who have an eligible sponsor),
- or a combination of such groups working together.
Its a really simple online form asking for;
- Applicant details - You'll need to know the name and contact details of your project/organisation and tell us what your position is within it.
- you'll need to know the charity or CIC registration number of your group/organisation or that of the specific group or community you will be working with.
- you'll need to provide the name and contact details of a sponsoring organisation. See DCC guidance for more details on this.
- Project details - You'll need to provide details of the project, item or activity for which the funding will be used and state how you'll meet the aims of the funding.
This includes the project start date, the total cost of the project and the amount of funding you wish to request. If there is a difference in the cost and the amount requested, you will need to tell DCC how the gap will be met.
You will need to provide the bank details of your organisation or, if applicable, the bank details of your sponsor.
Please do read the terms, conditions and guidance notes before you make your application.
Ready to apply?