***** Volunteers needed for our Volunteer Centre, contact us on 01237 420130******
Our Volunteer Centre provides support at a local level to volunteers and volunteer involving organisations promoting and developing volunteering opportunities throughout the District. You will meet some of our volunteers on the front desk, welcoming visitors who want to find out more about our services.
Volunteering is an opportunity to:-
- Meet new people and make friends.
- Share your knowledge and skills.
- Learn and develop new skills.
- Improve your job prospects.
- Build self confidence.
- Get involved in your community.
- Gain experience.
- Have fun!
For volunteers we provide:-
- Free confidential one to one interviews.
- Guidance, advice and support to match potential volunteers’ skills, interests and availability to the right volunteering opportunity.
- A drop in facility, but appointments can be made outside of our opening hours.
- Information on hundreds of volunteering opportunities.
- A range of leaflets about local organisations, projects and groups.
Search for current local opportunities or add your organisation and advertise your own volunteering opportunities:
For organisations we:-
- Help to promote and advertise your volunteering opportunities using a variety of media.
- Provide initial interviews towards recruiting new volunteers for your organisation.
- Help organisations develop good practice.
- Campaign for volunteers' rights and provide a voice for volunteer involving organisations.
- Encourage and support local voluntary initiatives.
- Work in partnership with voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Provide a library of resources.
To see our joint Customer Service Manual please click HERE.
How to find us
Switchboard Number 01237 420130
Address- 14 Bridgeland Street, Bideford, EX39 2QE
Opening Times - Monday to Thursday 9am to 2pm
Address – Torrington Community Hospital,Calf Street, Torrington, EX38 7BJ
To find out more, contact our Volunteer Coordinator or phone 01237 420130