TorrAGE Ageing Well, supports the health and well-being of people 50+ and those with disabilities to across the Torridge area. We work hard to deliver a range of services to support people to remain independent and be included in their communities to nurture better health and wellbeing.
- Support to enable people to maintain safety and independence in their own homes
- Services to help keep people active in mind, body and soul for physical and mental well-being
- Help to retain connection with people and their communities to reduce social isolation
- Signposting and working in partnership with other local organisations to meet people’s individual needs
We offer the following services:
Help at Home
This service practical support and enabling, tailored to suit your individual needs to:
- Help you stay independent
- Support your well-being
- Enable you to participate and be socially included
Whatever you need to keep you independent in your own home, we are here for you. Help at Home offers a unique and flexible service putting you in control, enabling you to choose a service that is bespoke and tailored to your needs on every visit. It includes
- Cleaning, laundry, ironing, changing bed linen
- Assistance with paperwork & appointments
- Respite for carers
- Shopping /errands (with or for you)
- Arranging other services required
- Accompanied outings
- Meal preparation
- Signposting to other organisations
- Light gardening & dog walking
Why chose us?
Our friendly and reliable team are fully trained, insured and police checked. We have built our reputation by delivering quality support & enabling at an affordable price and are a Devon County Council approved supplier. TorrAGE Ageing Well was formed in 2008 to provide a range of services and activities to support those aged 50+ and adults with disabilities in Torridge and has built a quality reputation. We are part of TTVS, a local charity founded over 35 years ago.
Call us for a chat to see how we can help you. 01805 622666 or 01805 938537
TorrAGE Ageing Well Torrington Hospital Calf Street Torrington EX38 7BJ
www.torrage.org.uk firstname.lastname@example.org www.torridgecvs.org.uk
Please note this is a paid-for service.
Financial InclusionHelps people of state pension age and over living in and around Bideford with 1:1 support from our Financial Inclusion Worker, (funded by donations and partly by Edward Gostling), or trained volunteer, who can offer:
Activities in the community (when Covid-19 restrictions allow)We offer a range of activities in the community to encourage those over 50 and with disabilities to get ‘out and about’, participate and make new friends. These are funded by donations and include:
“Active & Connected”This is a free service (funded until July 2021) by the National Lottery, aimed to:
Additional ad-hoc programmesWe often run time limited programmes including IT Support sessions in conjunction with Bideford college in exchange for learning how to knit, and Amble & Art