Identifying and responding to unmet need within local communities is a key activity of TTVS. This work is done through enabling, encouraging, supporting and developing local initiatives as well as developing projects to fill unmet need and to support core work. Some of our current projects are;
- Young Carers Connected (YCC) is a new project working to support Young Carers ( 8 to 24 years old)in Torridge, North Devon and Mid Devon. Rising from the ashes of the familiar and hugely popular Bright Futures Upbeat and Carewise, when both projects unfortunately came to an end in the summer of 2021.
- Community Developers – Working with the NHS and third sector to develop social prescribing across the Torridge District Council area.
- Financial Inclusion – A project aimed at maximising the income of people aged over 65 in the Bideford area.
- Home from Hospital - The Home from Hospital Volunteer Project supports people with no friends or family support on their discharge from hospital. The project helps reduce the fear and anxiety that vulnerable patients feel when they are discharged and return home after a hospital stay.
- Older People Services at TorrAGE - providing a range of services for older people including befriending, social activities, gentle exercise volunteering opportunities, informal advocacy and information for those most in need.
- Older People Services at Supporting Rural Independent Living (SRIL) – helping older people living in some of the most rurally isolated areas in Torridge. Providing practical support for older people living in rural areas.
- Work Clubs – We support three Work Clubs across North Devon and Torridge